Dragon Ball Z
Don’t forget to check out our 2021 Health and Fitness Challenge
It’s an add-on that will help anyone that is looking for a little more accountability as well as having a ton of beneficial resources built in.
2020 New Year Schedule
Thursday December 31st: 1 Class at 11am, END OF 2020 WOD
Friday January 1st: Closed
Saturday January 2nd: Closed
P6 CrossFit – CrossFit
Everyone Grab: Long Band, Small Hip Band, Large Round Band (Red, black, or purple), Wall Ball for WOD
1. Banded 5’s
2. Hip Activation
* 10 Side step R/L
* 10 Forward/Backwards Walk R/L
* 10 Glute Bridges
* 10 Single Leg Glute Bridges R/L
* 10 Bird Dogs R/L
* 10 Squats
3. Movement Prep/Activation and Increasing Heart Rate
15 Banded lat pull downs (Light Band)
10 Medball Thrusters (at workout weight)
5 Kip Swings
Coach the Kipping Pull Up (No Measure)
This “cheat” derives from a powerful and athletic reversal of hip direction — like that of the clean and the snatch — and expands the primary movers from just the back and arms down through the torso and hip to include the power zone. Far from being a cheat, kipping is a gateway skill with functional utility on the rings, parallel bars, high bar, and floor (the quickest way to get to your feet). Where most athletic communities avoid the kip, we go to great lengths to teach and learn it.
1st : Work on Hollow and Arch positioning
1. Place your hands just outside of shoulder width
2. Grip around the bar into a gymnastics grip (thumb grabbing index and possibly middle finger)
3. Begin by hanging with the arms extended.
4. Initiate the kip with the shoulders, not the feet
5. Alternate between arched and hollow position
6. Lift feet towards the bar while pushing down on the bar with straight arms
7. As you hit your apex extend your hips forward (moving into arch position), then pull with your arms
8. Pull until your chin is over the bar
9. Initiate the next rep by pushing back away fro the bar.
4. Workout Prep
1 Set: (at workout pace)
6 Wall Balls (20/14)
6 Toes to bar
Dragon Ball Z (AMRAP – Reps)
AMRAP 12 Minutes
18 Wall Balls (20/14)
18 Toes to bar
AMRAP 12 Minutes
15 Wall Balls (16/10)
15 Knees to Elbows (20 T2R)
The SCALING aim is to finish near target score with 1-2 sets on each movement most rounds.
Scaling option to finish near the target score:
Target number of reps: 200+
Minimum Reps before scaling: 120
STIMULUS and GOALS
Stimulus today is moderate intensity and pacing to maintain near constant movement throughout workout. Make sure to break up sets before you hit redline!
This is a classic CrossFit Couplet that will affect your entire body, but shoulder and grip fatigue will most likely be most prominent.
WORKOUT STRATEGY & FLOW
Wall Balls: Aim for 1-2 sets throughout the workout. Keep the arms as relaxed as possible. Use as much drive out of the squat as you can to save the shoulders.
Toes to bar: Aim for 2-3 sets for as much of the workout as possible. The wall balls will affect your grip a bit so be aware of this and break into smart sets before you hit failure.